Sunday, April 29, 2012

Be careful what you wish for.....



 OMG what is a girl to do, maybe stay off of CL....
I have a fireplace in my fam room but not in my living area
and I always wished I could find a way to create one 
so I said to myself "what about a faux fireplace"
~ I can surely create one.....
*Bought it last night...kind of threw stuff on there for the pic
What do you girls think of my find....?



 I am not too crazy about the factory embellishments but it can    ~ all be changed
It is solid wood so I thought that was a plus and it is Huge.....
I guess I should be careful what I Wish for....


Any ideas for the faux middle?

6 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful find! Do it Yourself chic has all sorts of things you could add to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just logged on their site....they do have some wonderful stuff...Thanks so much Sandy :)

      Delete
  2. That's great! My daughter wants one of these so badly; I keep my eye out when I'm in the thrift stores. Most of the time they are too much when I see one. Maybe we should check out CL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too was on the hunt and then tried CL and there were three or four of them....I guess I lucked out with this one....Also try ebay there was a lot on there but to far for me to have one shipped. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. the mantle looks great. im not sure what i would do in the middle maybe some kind of iron candle holder!
    LAUREN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren :) yes it was a great find.. Candles are great idea, I will keep that in mind... I might do something with paint or fabric and maybe search for a large French inspired fireplace screen too. Thank you so much for stopping by. Happy Sunday to you and yours :)

      Delete