Friday, May 4, 2012

~ I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER NOW ~

Even though I was sick with the flu this week I managed to open up my laptop and log onto CL 
and find more stuff to paint....like I don't have enough to paint already right....
So I managed to pick myself up and go pick up....
another MIRROR and two more NIGHT STANDS





The MIRROR was only $20 and I just could not resist, it is a large oval one 
measuring a whopping 40x24... now you see why I forced myself to pop up :)
I have been looking for a MIRROR with a bow forever.....
I want a white one to place over my vanity but I don't know if I could 
bare to paint over this beautiful patina...
What are your thoughts ?

Now for The NIGHT STANDS






Don't you just LOVE them....
I LOVE the FRENCHYNESS about them
They do look pretty with my lamps on top of them
and it has been said to feel lucky if you find a pair ~
I don't know if I should leave them as they are or maybe paint
them a very light blue and white or just maybe shabby white....
What are your thoughts?

Maybe these finds should stay untouched......
Maybe I found some pieces that I don't have to paint....

I know I promised to post my mirrors this week and maybe 
start painting but catching this bug has really slowed me down but as I said
 ~ I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER NOW ~

Here's wishing everyone a Happy Sunny Weekend 
I promise I will post all the mirrors next week 
and start my very first painting project.....

Luvnhugs, Pauline 



7 comments:

  1. Hi! This is Elyse from Shabby Sweet Tea. I wanted to hop on over and read your blog for a while. You've been spending some time over at mine and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you for the great feedback. I was pleased to read that the ASCP tutorial was helpful to you. I have a part 1 and part 2 on my blog. Make sure to read both! I absolutely adore the mirror you found! I think a coat of Old White with a little dark wax would take it to a whole new level! Keep us all posted with what you decide to do! Have a lovely weekend...especially since you’re feeling better!
    Ciao Ciao
    Elyse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elyse,
    Thank you for letting me know there is a part 2 I will have to take a look at it. I am going to take your advice ans do the mirror that way, I think I will still be able to see the beautiful patina and have some white in there with that method....thanks so much for the input, and yes I surely will post the outcome. Thanks for the good wishes yes I feel so much better....Here's to a sunny filled weekend :) Luvnhugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mirror. I don't know if I could touch it either.......it is so gorgeous as it is. The tables? I like, but I think the paint brush would add to their beauty. Thanks for visiting PICKINandPAINTIN and I hope you'll come back often. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for stopping by :) yes I do agree the mirror is so beautiful as it is... <3. I do love the style of the night stands but the original paint is a little dark for me, they are like a dark beige. So I do think I will take the brush to those and cheer them up :) visit again, Pauline

      Delete
  4. I would paint the night stands white if it were me..

    That mirror is gorgeous! What a deal you got. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy :) I agree I think I will go white, because they are such a dark beige it makes them seem a little dreary ... Yes the mirror is really beautiful I was very blessed with that find ! I just love hearing from you and love to read your feedback :) Until next time.. Have a great Sunday! Hugs Pauline

      Delete
  5. Hi Pauline,
    I am your newest follower and have just nominated you for an award. Please check out my blog soon :)
    Good luck and have fun with your blog!!
    Meegan@whatmeeganmakes

    ReplyDelete