Tuesday, April 24, 2012


 ~ Ohh The Shabbieness of it All... ~




Good Morning all, I am always up with the birds...
Wow I was hoping to Paint this week but the weather took a turn to cloudy and possible rain.....and of course lower temps.... What a switch from this weekend, with using the air conditioner and all  :) Oh well I think I will just start gathering some of my old finds {I have so many, it's like a thrift store around here..}  Later this week when I am all done I will post some pictures of maybe one fourth of my stuff.... lol    
                                             California where is the sun today? .....



Ooh about the photos, this is a lamp I was blessed to find on one of my thrift adventures....I listed her for sale on my etsy....but I think I am just going to keep this lovely and paint her white..... {do you think I should paint her?} I just love the rose garland she's holding.....but I am not to fond of the Goldness of it all... but love the Gesso, Puttiness about her.....and yes I always seem to find an inspiration photo from
 one of my favorite mags....that's why we purchase them ....right?
here it is....



I am soooo nervous about attempting to paint her....does anyone know what kind of paint works best on plaster? What are your thoughts..... I do think the rose garland on this statue looks pretty in white...oh how ~ I just love the Shabbieness of it all....~


4 comments:

  1. I would try the Rustoleum Painters Touch spray..it is an oil base paint, and I think it should work . It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I really appreciate your input, I am such a beginner...have a great day..
      Hugs :)

      Delete
  2. I have used Krylon spray paint on things like this before. Spray paint is so amazing these days!

    Thank you for following mt blog. I am very impressed by your newly created blog..it looks great! Love your blog name. Looks like you will have fun projects! I am going to follow you and will get to be with your blog from the very beginning! I have been blogging for less than a year but if you have any questions I can try to answer them. I know I appreciated people helping me when I was a newbie! My blog anniversary will be Sept 1...the same day my daughter will turn 14. Looking forward to getting to know you! The blogging world has so much to offer. So much inspiration and friendship. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG thank you for the lovely comments on my new blog...couldn't do it without my eldest daughter she is so creative :) so we had a tutorial Saturday... lol I am so happy that you will be following me I need a lil push sometimes to get myself cracking :) Love those Cherubs that is where the name came from... I am so glad you will be here in the beginning and hopefully for along time to come... I need someone to bounce my ideas off of...so thank you for the offer, I will surely take you up on it :) I am so glad for the friendships that I am starting to make....
    Blessing and luvnhugs from me... :)

    ReplyDelete